Started my job...
I'm not sure what to tell you guys. Everything in Dublin is pretty good. I finished training on Wednesday and officially started work on Thursday. Except I spent a good portion of the time just sitting in front of the computer and trying to look busy. They said it might be quiet for the first couple of days until students start to get to know you. Basically what happens is the Japanese students try you out and see how they like you. Then you start getting repeat students. Until then it's pretty quiet. To give you an idea, I spent 5 hours sitting around on Thursday and Friday, and I only work 6 hours a day. Anyway, the job itself is not bad. As I metioned, I am teaching conversational English to Japanese people. And it is fun chatting to them.
On the financial front, things are not looking great. The welfare office lost my paperwork for my PPS number, so that means I go on emergency tax (almost half youro salary). To make things worse, I can not open a bank account either. So basically I won't be having any money for the next few weeks until I can get this sorted out. I will get the money back eventually, but it's just really annoying. Luckily I have savings from home.
I have to admit though I have not been good with my money. Went out to Navan to visit Claire on Friday and we went out dancing. Yesterday, went out to dancing in Dublin again. By the time you add up cab fare, cover charge etc., it really adds up. I have decided not to go out for the next little while.
The Dublin Fringe Festival starts up this week, so I may go and catch a show. Also, looking to go to Cork in October and maybe Belfast.
Ryanair has tons of cheap flights, problem is you have to leave during the week, which I can't do.
Anyway, hope all is well with everyone....
PS - Please do not send me large forwards. I am not able to check my e-mail on a daily basis anymore. It ends up taking up mailbox space. Thanks.
On the financial front, things are not looking great. The welfare office lost my paperwork for my PPS number, so that means I go on emergency tax (almost half youro salary). To make things worse, I can not open a bank account either. So basically I won't be having any money for the next few weeks until I can get this sorted out. I will get the money back eventually, but it's just really annoying. Luckily I have savings from home.
I have to admit though I have not been good with my money. Went out to Navan to visit Claire on Friday and we went out dancing. Yesterday, went out to dancing in Dublin again. By the time you add up cab fare, cover charge etc., it really adds up. I have decided not to go out for the next little while.
The Dublin Fringe Festival starts up this week, so I may go and catch a show. Also, looking to go to Cork in October and maybe Belfast.
Ryanair has tons of cheap flights, problem is you have to leave during the week, which I can't do.
Anyway, hope all is well with everyone....
PS - Please do not send me large forwards. I am not able to check my e-mail on a daily basis anymore. It ends up taking up mailbox space. Thanks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home